Auto AnimateImage is WordPress plugin that applies AnimateImage script to your site automatically. AnimateImage displays multiple images continuously like animated GIF. All you have to do is write `img` element like below, and the image will be animated automatically.
<img src="images/0.png" data-files="[0-9].png" />
As you know, animated GIF is the most common animation format, but it supports up to only 256 colors. There are some alternative animation formats such as APNG, MNG, JNG, Motion JPEG and SVG Animation. However they are currently not widely supported by Web browsers. That is why AnimateImage is the most appropriate method for animated images.
See "Auto AnimateImage Features" in WordPress.org.
See "How to Use" in WordPress.org.
- v0.6, 2012-09-23, 139 KB
- Free license (for personal & non-commercial, donate to support)
- animate-image.min.js is optimized and compressed code
- v0.6, 2012-09-23, 146 KB
- Commercial license ($5.00)
- animate-image.js is uncompressed code with comments
- Paid support (technical questions, customization, etc.)
* animate-image.min.js is minified by removing comments, line breaks, unnecessary spaces, etc. And local variables and function parameters are renamed to shorter name. While animate-image.js is formatted for readability. And documentation comments are written in JSDoc style.
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
Supported Image Formats
- GIF (.gif), supported by most browsers, sample
- PNG (.png), supported by most browsers, transparent PNG is supported by IE7+, sample
- JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg, .jpe, .jif, .jfif, .jfi), supported by most browsers, sample
- JPEG XR (HD Photo, Windows Media Photo) (.hdp, .jxr, .wdp), supported by IE9+, sample
- BMP (.bmp, .dib), supported by most browsers in Windows, sample
- TIFF (.tiff, .tif), supported by IE9+ and Safari, sample
- WebP (.webp), supported by Google Chrome and Opera, sample
- SVG (.svg, .svgz), supported by modern browsers and IE9+, sample
- Any image formats supported by Web browsers
See "Installation" in WordPress.org.
See "FAQ" in WordPress.org.
See "Code Examples" in WordPress.org.
Here is transparent & 32-bit color PNG animation consisting of sequential filenames.
* See "Demo" in AnimateImage official site for more demos.
Any comments will be very helpful and appreciated. Thank you for your support!
"keyboard keys" by chromatix is licensed under Creative Commons License.
- AnimateImage 1.1.3 Released
- Auto AnimateImage 0.6 Released
- Auto AnimateImage 0.5 Released
- AnimateImage 1.0 Released
- AnimateImage 0.8.3 Released